At Cheselbourne Village School our primary aim is to create a happy and safe environment in which every child can grow intellectually, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Children are encouraged to become independent, confident, thoughtful and caring individuals. We provide a broad and balanced curriculum to enable every child the opportunity to develop his or her abilities so that they can reach their full potential. We also ensure the environment is stimulating and challenging. We expect high standards in both work and behaviour and we want children to enjoy their learning and to approach everything with enthusiasm. Each child has uniquely different characteristics and abilities.
Whilst at Cheselbourne we believe that all children will
- Develop lively enquiring minds with an enthusiasm for learning
- Acquire knowledge, attitudes and skills relevant to their future
- Understand the world in which they live, our interdependence on others and on our environment
- Use language and number effectively in a variety of ways and situations
- Develop a respect and tolerance for the diversity of all people
- Develop a respect and tolerance for other people’s views and different races and religions
- Develop the ability to question and to apply themselves to set tasks
- Actively participate in the life of the school, the village and the local community
When children leave our school we sincerely hope that they are able to approach the next phase of their education with confidence and with an enthusiasm for life long learning.